Experiments!







I have just set-up a base for experimental work at m,y studio in West Dean. Over there, I can heat up water much quicker and try all sorts in a small scale.I am working on getting the right colour RED and the search for it is a quest filled with encounters, a mix of witch craft, and scientific experiments, recepes traced online, tips from here and there and water PH testing. For the latest, I have collecting water from River Bourne, River Avon in the New Forest, where it is rich in iron, rain water, tap water, and even stale water... Each water type will change the shade of red I will get.



In the past two weeks, I have had the company of a group of young carers asp part of a project for the Salisbury International Arts Festival. We have had two magical afternoons playing in the space, lighting and maintaining fires through the day, washing fleece and experimenting with colours.





It is great to see the shed filed with life and energy.



I am looking forward to a hands-on day, 1st of June 10am to 3pm, for which I am inviting the public of all ages to come and help wash some fleece for the project. Children must be accompanied by adults.


You can pop in at the farm any week day to see the progress of the research layed out on a board in the education room.



Important note;


I am still looking for more sheep fleece and would like to get involved in sheering so if you know someone who keeps sheep and wants to get read of the fleece, please let me or the farm know.



Do not hesitate to send your comments, call or pop in !



Look forward to see you at the Sheep Shed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Farm Sunday, 12th of June, River Bourne Community Farm!

Fleece washing days and volunteers!