I am now back from a long, well deserved break with a fresh mind and plenty of ideas in my pocket, none of which will be possible without your help!
Event;" Earth Wishing Tree" Launch
on the 18th of September is the last cream tea of the season at the farm and we will take this opportunity to launch The " new look " of the field with an "Earth wishing tree"; the tree has been enthusiastically started during the children workshop" Sculpture in nature"(see photos) of the 9th of August and they are all looking forward to see how other people will follow in their footsteps and make the space a Community Hub filed with your ideas and wishes to make the farm and the surrounding landscape a better place.
In the meantime, I need you to come and help clearing the space and prepare the trail and signing as well as continue the fleece washing task(only 12 days of work to go to complete the challenge).
Next dates are as follow(please note that if you are available on other dates not mentioned here, it is possible for me to shape the program around your availability and add them to the calendar or even swap so let me know what you are up to and keep checking the dates on the blog. Please, always text me before you come(07870536303) and report to the farm office in our volunteer green book at arrival).
Monday 5th 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 6th 9.30 to 3.00
Monday 12th 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 13th 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 20st9.30 to 3.00
wednesday 21st 9.30 to 3.00
Thursday 22nd 9.30 to 3.00
Monday 26th 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 27th 9.30 to 3.00
Monday 3rd 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 4th 9.30 to 3.00
Tuesday 11th 10.30 to 5.00(as part of Salsibury Art trail demonstration) Wednesday 12th 10.30 to 5.00(as part of Salisbury Art Trail demonstration)
Other events linked to the Salisbury Art trail;
- Saturday 8th to Sunday 16th of October, open daily from 10.00am to 5.00pm.Exhibition of photographs by Laurence Rushby and sculptures by Charlotte Moreton, The Long Barn, River Bourne Community Farm.
- Sunday 18th of September; "Earth Wishing Tree" launch, 3.00pm to 5.00pm as part of the last Sunday cream tea, come and make a wish for the earth and learn more about the project.
- Come to our special opening BBQ on Saturday 8th of October 12.00am to 3.00pm
- Free Drop in workshop; "Natural plant dyes", 11.00am to 3.00pm
- Fleece washing demonstration Tuesday 11th and Wedsnesday 12th of October 10.30am to 5.00pm.
- Saturday 15th 5.30 to 7.00pm, " The Horn of Plenty", artist talk, with the participation of David Burton From Natural England(other possible speakers to be confirmed) cost £5, please book at the farm office 01722 330667.(special group visits at the shed will be scheduled during the day prior to the talk, you can book these in advance)