On Wednesday 20th of february, Laurence Rushby and her team of volunteers at the River Bourne Community Farm will/ complete/ have completed(for post event publication) the making of 1000 bundles of red wool dyed with madder plant to be part of a large Art Installation ; « A Thousand Sheep ».
Ben Parker, Farm chairman and director will make the last piece.
The project has run at the River Bourne Community Farm for the past 3 years and will come to complition when Ben makes the last piece on Wednesday.
“A Thousand Sheep” art project has created much interest and involvement in the community;
- Over 10000 visitors of which 1800 school children
- 700 school children involved in the making, 85% of which were from army’s families(from Coombe Bisset school, Clarendon Junior school,
and Godolphin school.) Wellington Academy
- 150 adult and youth volunteers of which 50 art students
- over 80 local, national and international artists were involved in discussions and making of the pieces.
- 20 recovering soldiers from Tedworth House
- 8 local organisations
- 6 work experience
- 5 farmers
- 4 local businesses
- 1 film maker