A Colourful day!


I have had a fab day on Saturday as I went to the Ruskin Mill, near Stroud, for a training on dyeing with plants.

Not only I learnt many precious tips for the project, but I also discovered the Ruskin Mill, a highly inspirational place with very fresh ideas for a different education.

I will surely report this to the farm as food for thoughts on a new education centre in the making.

You can come and see me at the farm on Wednesday as I will be testing more shades of red using english grown madder mixed with a few secret ingredients!

I will light a few fires and prepare many vats with different mixes so if you fancy abit of fresh air and hard work, I surely could do with help between 10am and 3pm.

I have set up a colour sample board in the education room for you to follow the progress of my experiments.I am still to find the best shade of red for the piece.

I am looking for the eprfect "Turkey Red" so if you know any tips on how to get it, please feed in this blog.

Look forward to see you there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fleece washing days and volunteers!

Open Farm Sunday, 12th of June, River Bourne Community Farm!